Saturday, May 10, 2014

Graduation Thoughts

WOOOHOOOO!!!
That's me up there receiving my diploma from Gordon Bietz President of Southern Adventist University!
When I think about the fact that, yes I really did graduate a week ago, I remember the struggles and victories that brought me to that moment in time when I walked across that stage in front of my friends and family.

I have been a student at four colleges/universities, several half semesters, took a couple of years off, lived defying God for some time, changed my declared major three times, and was academically dismissed from the university I would eventually graduate from 7 years later. 
Through it all God has proven time and again that He's faithful even when I'm not.

He has exposed me to ideas and situations that have broadened my mind. Placed amazing friends in my way and surrounded me with the right support. He's taken me on some epic adventures and travels. But best of all, He's taught me the beauty of who He is and the true meaning of grace and redemption in Jesus. Soon I'll be married to the most beautiful woman in the world. We'll have a new life, in a new city, and make new friends near a Florida beach.

But things won't be sunshine and sandy beaches all the time. We can always expect to see the storms of life roll in. Adversity will come our way. When it does, I want to remember what God has brought me through. It's what helps me to know that my God is faithful and that I must respond with trusting His ways. 
No matter how bumpy the road my be for you, remember the blessings God has done in the past and believe that following Him will bring blessings unimaginable!

We can live faithfully because, no matter what, God is faithful!

Psalm 42

As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?
My tears have been my food
    day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”
These things I remember
    as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
    under the protection of the Mighty One
with shouts of joy and praise
    among the festive throng.
Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
    therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
    the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
Deep calls to deep
    in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
    have swept over me.
By day the Lord directs his love,
    at night his song is with me—
    a prayer to the God of my life.
I say to God my Rock,
    “Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
    oppressed by the enemy?”
10 My bones suffer mortal agony
    as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”
11 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

1 comment:

  1. A belated congratulations! If there is one thing I have learned in my life, it's that the road will be bumpy sometimes. You may even get a flat tire. But remembering the times in which God brought you through the seasons in your life will help you in the future. Keep your focus, my friend. Let God lead your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Send me a message here! :D